Damp basements are a fact of life here in Delaware.
You might smell it in the form of musty odors, particularly in your basement. You might see it in the form of damaging and dangerous mold or mildew.
It is not unusual for us to walk into a basement and see on, two or even more dehumidifiers struggling to “Dry Out” a basement. And of course there is a musty odor – and many times there is even signs of mold.
There is a product out there which can solve this problem for you. Read about it below
Here are a few tips
- If you have a direct vent natural gas furnace or boiler – (those are the heaters with one or two white plastic pipes going out of the side of your home) – make sure that there is no snow covering these pipes. The heater needs to breathe fresh air if these pipes and if these are blocked by snow, your heater might go off
- If you have an oil fired heater or boiler – please make sure to clear the snow off from around the fill and vent pipes so that our drivers can find it – particularly if you have a buried oil tank.
- If your heat does go off – remember we are a phone call away at 302-656-5110 or visit our website at www.burnsandmcbride.com. Priority service goes to our customer’s with a True Comfort Service Plan, so if you don’t have one already you might want to consider adding this coverage.
- If you heat with oil and you call for your oil delivery – take a look at the tank gauge to see if you should order oil. If you are an automatic delivery customer – we have you covered.
- Finally if you are one of our trash and recycling customers, please make sure that the trash cans are not shoveled in if you are due for pickup.
Remember – the roads get dicey when icey – please be very careful if you need to go out.
About Burns & McBride
Our job is to provide essential home comfort services to homeowners including heating oil delivery, trash and recycling, home security and home heating and cooling. We provide dependable service on all brands of residential heating, air conditioning and hot water heaters. Burns & McBride has been providing essential home services since 1949. To learn more about Burns & McBride – call us at 302-656-5110 or visit our website at www.burnsandmcbride.com
What is a guarantee? Here is what Webster says…..
“A formal promise or assurance (typically in writing) that certain conditions will be fulfilled, especially that a product will be repaired or replaced if not of a specified quality and durability.”
Our True Comfort Whole System Guarantee strongest in the business. It is your assurance that our work is done to the highest possible standard.
Your peace of mind is our goal. Whenever one of our technicians visits your home, we ask him to use his training to take a look around at the entire system
He may be there to do an annual preventive maintenance on the heater – but he will also take a look at other important home comfort items like your air conditioner, water heater, oil tank and indoor air quality items with an eye towards letting you know of any potential problems.
His Report Card is a written “heads up” on the condition of your system and any suggested improvements.
We are pleased to announce the winner of our Free Heater Contest. Ms. Lynn Spera of New Castle DE was our winner out of nearly 200 applicants
She told us that she held her breath every time she needed to turn the heater on! But thanks to Burns & McBride Home Comfort and its “Free Heater Contest”, she now has a new, high-efficiency Carrier warm air furnace ready to keep her home warm this winter.
Her old furnace was so cranky and unpredictable that she didn’t use it. For the past two winters, she used a series of electric space heaters to keep the house warm.