Here are a few tips
- If you have a direct vent natural gas furnace or boiler – (those are the heaters with one or two white plastic pipes going out of the side of your home) – make sure that there is no snow covering these pipes. The heater needs to breathe fresh air if these pipes and if these are blocked by snow, your heater might go off
- If you have an oil fired heater or boiler – please make sure to clear the snow off from around the fill and vent pipes so that our drivers can find it – particularly if you have a buried oil tank.
- If your heat does go off – remember we are a phone call away at 302-656-5110 or visit our website at www.burnsandmcbride.com. Priority service goes to our customer’s with a True Comfort Service Plan, so if you don’t have one already you might want to consider adding this coverage.
- If you heat with oil and you call for your oil delivery – take a look at the tank gauge to see if you should order oil. If you are an automatic delivery customer – we have you covered.
- Finally if you are one of our trash and recycling customers, please make sure that the trash cans are not shoveled in if you are due for pickup.
Remember – the roads get dicey when icey – please be very careful if you need to go out.
About Burns & McBride
Our job is to provide essential home comfort services to homeowners including heating oil delivery, trash and recycling, home security and home heating and cooling. We provide dependable service on all brands of residential heating, air conditioning and hot water heaters. Burns & McBride has been providing essential home services since 1949. To learn more about Burns & McBride – call us at 302-656-5110 or visit our website at www.burnsandmcbride.com